Vine Server and Leopard

[quote=“ptackbar”]Since installing Vine Server 3, each time I restart my Leopard based MacBook I am prompted by the firewall about whether I would like OSXvnc-server to allow incoming connections. I always click “Allow” but I am continually prompted upon login.

The funny thing is that I am able to connect to the server from a remote computer even before answering the prompt about allowing incoming connections.[/quote]
I am seeing this. I have Leopard 10.5.2 firewall set to allow for specific services, and while “OSXvnc-Server” and “Vine Server” are both set to “Allow incoming connections”, I am asked whether I want “Vine Server.app” to be allowed every time I start it up (I also assumed this was the reason why it didn’t start up properly if I set to auto-hide on login items).

“OSXvnc-Server” is only asked about the first time I start it up, and since this is what’s actually listening for connections, the prompt won’t stop me connecting. So what magic socket is Vine Server creating that means OS X thinks it needs to ask every time?

Thanks to anyone who can offer thoughts…

Hi,

Are you planning on codesign’ing the Vine Server in the next release? And is there an ETA on that? A quick trip to the terminal shows me that the app is currently not signed.

mledford$ codesign -vvv /Volumes/Vine\ Server/Vine\ Server.app
/Volumes/Vine Server/Vine Server.app: code object is not signed

Of course more is available via:
$man codesign

I hope this helps clear up some problems I’ve been having and look forward to the next release!

Michael