Vine Server 3.1Beta2

After a long busy delay we have a new Beta of 3.1 that hopefully continues to improve international keyboards as well as fixes some of those small issues that you have been running into. More code has been touched this time around than usual so please test this version thoroughly and let us know how it goes for you:[list]
[]Fixed a problem running on 10.3.9
[
]Fixed a problem auto launching the server from GUI when Vine Server was set to Auto-Hide
[]Fixed a problem not honoring the selection to disable Bonjour.
[
]Fixed a problem with Require SSH not being stored correctly for System Server.
[*]Fixed a problem with server shutting down after a logout.

[]Fixed a number of international keyboards that had a small number of keys not mapped (like i in Belgian, o in Swiss, etc.)
[
]Hopefully Fixed an occasional problem sending rich cursors to the remote system.

[*]Fixed a problem with Echoware bundle loaded twice when it wasn’t supposed to.[/list:u]
You can download the 3.1Beta2 Server here:
http://www.redstonesoftware.com/downloads/VineServer3.1Beta2.dmg

[quote=“JonathanOSX”]we have a new Beta of 3.1 that hopefully continues to improve international keyboards. let us know how it goes for you:[list]
[*]Fixed a number of international keyboards that had a small number of keys not mapped (like i in Belgian, o in Swiss, etc.)
[/list:u]
[/quote]

i still can’t type “i” nor “;” with a french keyboard on both sides

is there someone having the same problem ?

(btw, why is there this problem, whereas it was not in versions previous than 3 with “-keyboardloading Y” ?)

[quote=“JonathanOSX”]Fixed a problem auto launching the server from GUI when Vine Server was set to Auto-Hide
[/quote]

what is Auto-Hide ?
i didn’t find anything about that in Vine Server preferences

This refers to setting Vine Server to open at login, then checking the “Hide” option in System Preferences to hide the Vine Server GUI when it launches. So this is all done by settings in Mac OS X, not in Vine itself.

ok i understand, thank you :slight_smile:

nothing about the keyboard ?
you can’t reproduce the problem ?

The 3.11Beta server we believe solves the keyboard problem, please try it.

http://www.testplant.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1586

I’m seeing Vine Server crash on startup. Is this a known problem?

Background:
I had been running Vine Server with no problems but I’m not sure which version of Vine Server. I had had Vine Server running with Leopard about 6 months ago and upgraded to Snow Leopard about a month ago --> no problems in that Vine Server still worked just fine (was using it yesterday in fact). Now, today, I couldn’t startup Vine Server any longer due to an exception (see below). I downloaded the beta and it crashes in the same fashion.

I tried deleting the preferences file but that didn’t help.

Any ideas or additional information that I should provide (there’s apparently a ton of crash info provided that I didn’t paste below)?

Thanks very much.

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘*** -[NSCFArray removeObjectAtIndex:]: mutating method sent to immutable object’

[quote=“BigLearner”]I’m seeing Vine Server crash on startup. Is this a known problem?
[/quote]

i had the same problem with the regular 3.0 version, but i don’t have it with the 3.11Beta version

Thanks for the info tDeContes. Maybe I don’t have the 3.11 beta. Do you or anyone else know if the link in the original post is for the 3.1 beta or the 3.11 beta? The URL in the link seems to indicate “3.1” instead of “3.11”.

Thanks again.

I just downloaded the newest Vine Server from the downloads page (and the version on the downloads pages shows 3.11) so I believe I have the latest Vine Server, but still it’s crashing upon startup.

Any ideas from anyone?

Please send your full Crash Report file (probably in ~/Library/Logs) to our support address.

Thanks in advance.

I’m seeing the same error:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘*** -[NSCFArray removeObjectAtIndex:]: mutating method sent to immutable object’

when trying to start both 3.0 and 3.11 versions of Vine Server.

The crash log is provided for further details.

Thanks.

–cocteau834

This is fixed in Vine Server 3.12 beta, unfortunately that release has some other stability issues that we are working to resolve before releasing.