Viewer 3.1 (1228) Snow leopard

Hi I upgraded my mac OS to snow leopard and I noticed that Viewer doesn’t work. So I check on the website and I installed the new version 3.1

But Viewer still doesn’t work.

So I installed a trial version on another mac with 10.4 and I don’t have a problem with the connection.

With MacOS 10.6.2 I can’t connect to any VNC server ( Win / Linux / Mac ) and I always get the same error:

Failed to connect to “server VNC”
Connection failed : Connection closed by Host

If I run Viewer from shell I don’t receive any error…

davidson-3:MacOS davide$ ./Vine\ Viewer
2009-12-01 16:20:07.242 Vine Viewer[3141:903] Approved License: Name = xxxx@xxx.com, Remark = , Serial = xxxx, Users = 1
Vine Viewer (3.1) running in FULL mode on Host:XXXX.

I don’t want to buy another license to run Viewer on MacOS 10.4!

Thanks for your help!

Davide

Vine Viewer 3.1 definitely works fine on 10.6 and doesn’t have any problem making connections (the only problem with the older 3.0 version on 10.6 was with drawing updates).

It sounds to me like you have an authentication or a network problem on your 10.6 machine. You can check the network by entering the IP and port of the machine you are connecting to in a browser (eg 192.168.1.111:5900) to see if you get a page back with RFB 003.XXX.

It sounds to me like you have an authentication or a network problem on your 10.6 machine. You can check the network by entering the IP and port of the machine you are connecting to in a browser (eg 192.168.1.111:5900) to see if you get a page back with RFB 003.XXX.[/quote]

Hi I tried to connect to myself enabling mac OS VNC server ( in “sharing preferences”)… But I receive this error:

Connection failed:No Supported Authentication Types

:frowning:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Davide

Please make sure you have checked the box for “Allow VNC Viewers to connect” and entered a password.

Beyond that, we recommend using our Vine Server.

Perfect! Now it’s works perfectly.

Thank you very much.

Davide