TypeText is not entering the character on the TextField

I am new to Egg plant.

I need to enter the user name on the username field. I used the below code. But TypeText is not enter the text on the Username Field

Click “TxtField_Username”
TypeText “xx@gmail.com

Please let me know anything wrong?

Thanks
Chandra

Hello Chandra,

It is possible that for whatever reason, navigating to the login field has not succeeded. This could be because the window it is in was not active and a single click only made the window active (and a second click would be required to make that field active). It could also be because the click did not occur in the correct location.

Usually how I script actions like this is to capture an image of the field name, and move the hotspot to the location of the field. Then I perform a double click on that image location (at the hotspot location) before performing the typetext command.

-Elizabeth

Hi,

I captured the username Text box as Image.

Now i am clicking that image.

The TextBox field is getting activated and iphone keyboard is active now.

But if give TypeText, the characters is not getting typed on the username textbox.

So the direct question, how to enter the text box with the iphone keyboard.

How to achieve this?

Regards,
Chandra

Chandra,

Without any more details about the situation, all I can tell you is that if the field is properly selected, then a typetext should work. I was able to successfully run this script (though I did have to add a wait at one point while a page loaded):
[cod]Click “youtube”
Wait 1
Click “search”
TypeText “tiny tim”, Return

What VNC server are you using? Is the iPhone jailbroken or are you using the RealVNC SDK within your app?
Any other details you can give about what you are trying  to do will be helpful.
A screenshot of the field you are trying to type into might also help. 

-Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

Mine is Jailbroken device
I am using Veency server on my iPhone.

Thanks
Chandra

Hi Elizabeth,

Here is the problem,

My app is not recognizing keyboard input from the PC. So what is happening is TypeText is getting executed but no characters are entered. So people are saying that since our app does not recognize the keyboard input from machine, i need to capture each alphabet as image and i need to use click command…

Please let me any work around for this if it is there… As i am not happy with the above work around.

Thanks
Chandra

Chandra,

Can you type through eggPlant’s remote screen window in live mode?
When you run the typeText command in a script, are any characters typed at all?

-Elizabeth

I’ve tried it through Live Mode… I could not able to enter the text. After that only i concluded that my app is not allowing me the keyboard from PC…

Can you type into your app directly on the iPhone (not through Veency)?
Can you type on the phone in the remote screen window on different applications?

Can you type into your app directly on the iPhone (not through Veency)?

• yes i can able to type on my app though device…

Can you type on the phone in the remote screen window on different applications?

• Not able to do since iphone keyboar enter is not recognised on the remote screen

Chanda,

Can you please try turning “Show Cursor” off in your Veency settings? See if this allows you to type.

• Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

In Veency, Show Cursors setting is set to ON. I changed to OFF… I can able to use the type text now.

Thanks
Chandra

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, using jailbroken iphone with Veency.

Except: I can type on the remote screen in one of my apps and the typetext command works fine.

If I open another app, I cannot type remotely (only directly on the phone) and the typetext command does not work.

In the Veency settings the option to show cursor is not even clickable, it is greyed out and it says ‘cursors are not yet possible on iOS 7’ - so that is not the problem here…

Hello Robin,

You might consider using our official iOS 7 testing solution, the iOS Gateway. If you are interested, you can read more about it here: http://docs.testplant.com/?q=iOS-Gateway

If you would like to further troubleshoot your Veency connection or have questions about the iOS Gateway solution, please talk to your account manager at TestPlant, or write in to TestPlant support.

Thanks!

Elizabeth