typetext command doesn't woking with custom keyboard

typetext command doesn’t woking with custom keyboard.
It works on Safari and other app. But not work on my apps.

iOs gateway error :

Default: Automation Agent: WARNING: There is no keyboard up on screen device; Could not type key 'undefined'

this is my keyboard
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46344239/Screen%20Shot%202014-12-09%20at%2011.48.43%20AM.png

Is this an iOS 8 custom keyboard or something else?

It’s ios 8 but not a custom keyboard. It also doesn’t work on ios7. with that keyboard.

So, I’m just a little unclear. What apps exactly use this keyboard? If it’s not an OS keyboard then the TypeText command isn’t really expected to work with it and you might need to write a script that hits the buttons directly.

It’s OS keyboard but we customized it, hide some unused key. I guess eggplant cannot recognize it.

It might actually be the case that you are trying to send it something that it cannot type with the modifiers disabled as shown above.

A subtle, but problematic, example would be if the keyboard is locked in lowercase mode but you tried to send it a capital letter to start:

typetext “Den”

In this case it would see that capital ‘D’ was not present and try to hit the shift key (which isn’t there) and so it would be confused and unable to proceed. It might help to post the exact command you are trying to execute.

[quote=“JonathanOSX”]It might actually be the case that you are trying to send it something that it cannot type with the modifiers disabled as shown above.

A subtle, but problematic, example would be if the keyboard is locked in lowercase mode but you tried to send it a capital letter to start:

typetext “Den”

In this case it would see that capital ‘D’ was not present and try to hit the shift key (which isn’t there) and so it would be confused and unable to proceed. It might help to post the exact command you are trying to execute.[/quote]

Yes, You’re right. That’s exactly my problem. Thanks for your enthusiastic support.

I’ve had similar problems I think in what you are describing. Alot of times there is an option to disable the keyboard and therefore enable the typing of typetext in that field. I would ask around to see if that is possible with what you are working on