The situation that we are working with is as follows:
- A non-Eggplant batch process generates an Excel file and saves it to a shared drive.
- An Eggplant process running via Manager needs to read information from and write information to that file.
- The Excel file needs to be archived to a location on a shared drive after the previous step is complete.
Our current workflow is this:
- The non-Eggplant batch process writes the file to a shared drive.
- The ePM test begins by launching Windows File Explorer, navigating to the share, copying the file, navigating to the Resources folder for that run on the Agent machine, and pasting the file.
- Data is read from and written to the file in the Resources folder.
- Eggplant launches Windows File Explorer, navigates to the same Resources folder, cuts the file, navigates to an Archive folder, and pastes the file.
Because Eggplant doesn’t work with UNC addresses and because ePM struggles with finding mapped drives, we are using File Explorer to move files back and forth. As such, we need the folder numbers within TRS to pass to File Explorer. If there is a better workflow than the one that we are using, we would be appreciative to try it.