right click problems OSX 10.4.11 to Linux

Hi folks, just trying out VineViewer and liking it very much so far.

Except: I’m having some difficulty with right clicking using the laptop button. I’m VNCing from my elderly iBook G4 (OSX 10.4.11) into ubuntu linux using the standard ubuntu vnc server. On the linux machine, I use a piece of software in which right clicking is used to “select all” of a group of files. Right clicking normally brings up a small box with the “select all” option. Control-clicking seems to bring this box up for a split second but then it disappears and I am unable to select all.

I don’t have this problem if I use an external mouse (right clicking works just fine). Right clicking also seems to be fine in other applications. In case it helps, the critical software is a package for brain image analysis called SPM.

Help much appreciated! I like your product but for my needs this minor bug may be a fatal flaw.

Thanks,

Hanah

Forgot to mention that changing the right click button (e.g. to option) does not help.

Thanks,

Hanah

Hmm well the Control (or option) click as an alternate seems to work quite well but it will only send a SINGLE right-click. If your application on the SUT has a context menu that requires the right mouse button to be held down then this is going to be a problem.

Unfortunately there isn’t much we can do to Vine Viewer in the short term to resolve that issue. There might be a utility for Linux running on Mac’s that would help with this situation.