Remote Connection Unavailable on Vista test host

I have a script which is supposed to connect to a Vista test host from a Mac machine X, which has runner license in it. My script has these few lines:

Log "Connecting to" && <host>
Connect <host>, <port>, <password>
Log "Is it connected?"

When I ran this script in Mac machine X, I can only see the first log statement get printed out, followed by error below:

Unable to connect to Server:2 on port:
Connection failed:Error resolving host

My other observations below leads me to think that additional settings might be required on Vista machine in order to allow VNC connection from Mac machine X:

Observation 1: The same test can be ran successfully from Mac machine Y (which has developer license) on the same Vista test host

Observation 2: The same test can be ran successfully from Mac machine X, on Linux RHE5 test host.

Any pointers?

I have to leave Vista logged in in order to actually connect to it.

This definitely isn’t a Vista issue. The error that you are getting (Error resolving host ) indicates that it’s not sure what machine you want to connect to. If you are running from Command Line using a different user you might not have all the same entries in your connection list.

I would recommend connecting using an IP address or a real DNS entry (mymachine.mycompany.com) instead of an alias or Bonjour name that it might not be able to resolve.

Thanks for the pointer. It works properly with my runner license after I use IP address for the test host connection :slight_smile: