"Image Not Found" Error Message

Hi, I am a new user of Eggplant.
I am not able to run any of my existing test scripts. I am getting an error message saying “Image Not Found” though the image is right in front.

But when i create a new script it runs every step but this is not the case if i try to run it again when it is comepleted. Can anyone help me in this?

I would appreciate any help.

Regards,
Girish

There are a number of reasons why an image may appear to be present on the screen and yet not be found by Eggplant. Probably the most common reason is a timing problem, in which the image appears on the screen after Eggplant has stopped looking for it.

To diagnose “Image Not Found” problems, try using the Image Doctor functionality, which is described in the Eggplant Reference manual. Also, see chapters 1 and 3 of the Using Eggplant manual, which discuss different search types and issues with finding images.

The Image Doctor in particular provides diagnostics that can help you determine the cause of the problem and fix it.

This is not the problem with image recognition i believe. I am just playing back one line of script which opens the browser and the icon is on the desktop.

Below is the line I am talking about.
DoubleClick “LaunchIE”

Any inputs??

If you are running just that one line script, then “Image Not Found” means just that – the “LaunchIE” image that you have captured isn’t present on the remote screen. If the image appears to be on the screen already when you run it, there are probably some subtle differences that aren’t immediately obvious to your eye.

Most often, the Image Doctor diagnostics can help identify what the differences are, and help to adjust the image if it can be fixed. On the other hand, if the Image Doctor doesn’t identify anything then the differences are probably too great. If it’s not obvious to you, please feel free to post the image and a screen capture here, and we can analyze them for you and perhaps make better suggestions for your situation.

Remember that there are about 4 states that an icon on the desktop can be in on windows:
[list]selected
active and selected (little dashed line border around it)
deselected
sactive and deselected[/list:u]
If you’ve captured the entire icon (which I do not recommend) you’ll have to take the above into account. If you capture only the “guts” of the icon, you’ll only need two versions–selected and deselected.

Try selecting the line and option-click the Run Selection button. This will start script execution but immediately pause it. Then, bring up the suite, click the image tab, select the image that you’re looking for, and click the search button at the bottom of the pane. This will help you even further figure out what’s going on.

Hope this helps