Questions about SubFolders for scripts

Hi,

I’m still new to Eggplant (but not to automation) and I have some questions I hope you might be able to help me out with.

Is it possible to have scripts under subfolders in Script folder? For example in Script folder there would be Main subfolder, Testcase subfolder, Appstate subfolder, Library subfolder.

I realize that it can be done at a Suite level (Main suite, Testcase suite, Appstate Suite, Library Suite) using the helper, but I’d prefer everything under one Suite. Too many times I had it working under one Suite but when I moved it to separate Suites I ran into issues. I was able to resolve those issues most of the time, but its going to be a problem for the rest of the team (some of which have no previous automation experiences and no time to learn) so I want to keep it as simple as possible.

Currently the Images allows for subfolders and I have everything divided there (IE subfolder, Firefox subfolder, Mac subfolder, Window subfolder). I was wondering if you can tell me how to do it with scripts. Do I need to set something under preference? Or do I need to add something within the scripts themselves?

Thanks,
David

To keep things simple, Eggplant doesn’t support subfolders for scripts. To organize your scripts, you can create new suites. You should be able to access scripts in other suites very easily – just add the other suite in the Helpers tab of the primary suite (or use the OpenSuite command to do it dynamically from within a script).

Subfolders are supported for images since a suite typically has many more images than scripts, and hence a much greater need for additional organization of images.