Problem with VNC Refresh to Windows 7

This might be one of those “You’re still using 3.12? It’s fixed in 11,” things but I thought I would try.

With both UltraVNC and TightVNC server, having problems with Eggplanting to a server running those under Windows 7. It’s not refreshing things 100%. For instance, doing some typing and the last letter of the sentence I am typing does not show up on the Eggplant side unless I move the mouse pointer over where the letter should be. Weird.

Happy New Year!

Okay, so I’ve upgraded Eggplant to 10.11 and I’m still having this problem. I’m using UltrVNC on the Windows 7 side and am playing with all different kinds of combinations in the Properties menu but nothing that solves the problem.

To recap: running Eggplant to a Windows 7 SUT. I am typing in an app but what I’m typing is not showing up completely correct (should be underlined). What is happening is that some letters are missing parts of the underline. However, if I move the mouse over what was typed, the typing is refreshed and all underlining is correct.

Any ideas?

Have you tried RealVNC? We generally recommend either that or TightVNC for special situations. Not that there’s anything inherently wrong with UltraVNC, but we don’t use it nor am I aware of many of our users using it.

It turns out that I tried RealVNC late yesterday and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Hi. Curious to know what your settings are for RealVNC on Windows 7. I can’t get mine to accept connections.

Are you in service mode?
Port 5900?
Firewall OFF I assume

Thanks for any help!