Problem with Selenium WebDriver Connection

Hi,

I’m facing problem with WebDriver connection, Functional and SUT systems are connected through RDP and when I tried to connect the WebDriver I’m getting an error like "Response code 500 received from Selenium Server. {“error”: “unknown error”, “message”: “unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary”}.
So due to this issue I’m not able to run any scripts but previously it was working fine.

Could anyone please let me know how to resolve this problem?

Please find the below attachments for reference.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Error

Hey there,

It sounds like you’re encountering an issue with connecting your WebDriver, and the error message indicates a problem with finding the Chrome binary. This could potentially be due to a recent update or change in configurations.

To resolve this problem, here are a few steps you can try:

1. Verify Chrome Installation: Double-check to ensure that Chrome is properly installed on the machine where you’re running your WebDriver scripts. Sometimes, updates or changes to system configurations can affect the accessibility of the Chrome binary.

2. Update WebDriver Configuration: If Chrome is installed, ensure that your WebDriver configuration is pointing to the correct location of the Chrome binary. You may need to update the WebDriver settings to reflect any changes in the Chrome installation directory.

3. Check Environment Variables: Verify that the environment variables are properly set up to include the directory where Chrome is installed. This ensures that WebDriver can locate the Chrome binary without any issues.

4. Restart Selenium Server: Sometimes, restarting the Selenium Server can help resolve connectivity issues and refresh any configurations that may be causing the problem.

5. Review Recent Changes: Consider any recent updates or changes that may have been made to the system, such as updates to Chrome or the WebDriver itself. Reverting back to previous configurations or versions may help resolve the issue.

If you’re still experiencing difficulties after trying these steps, feel free to provide more details or screenshots from the attachments you mentioned, and the community can offer further assistance.

Hang in there, and hopefully, we’ll get your scripts up and running smoothly again soon!
Hey there,

It sounds like you’re encountering an issue with connecting your WebDriver, and the error message indicates a problem with finding the Chrome binary. This could potentially be due to a recent update or change in configurations.

To resolve this problem, here are a few steps you can try:

1. Verify Chrome Installation: Double-check to ensure that Chrome is properly installed on the machine where you’re running your WebDriver scripts. Sometimes, updates or changes to system configurations can affect the accessibility of the Chrome binary.

2. Update WebDriver Configuration: If Chrome is installed, ensure that your WebDriver configuration is pointing to the correct location of the Chrome binary. You may need to update the WebDriver settings to reflect any changes in the Chrome installation directory.

3. Check Environment Variables: Verify that the environment variables are properly set up to include the directory where Chrome is installed. This ensures that WebDriver can locate the Chrome binary without any issues.

4. Restart Selenium Server: Sometimes, restarting the Selenium Server can help resolve connectivity issues and refresh any configurations that may be causing the problem.

5. Review Recent Changes: Consider any recent updates or changes that may have been made to the system, such as updates to Chrome or the WebDriver itself. Reverting back to previous configurations or versions may help resolve the issue.