Problem generating TextImage for command line

Hello, I am having a problem generating a text image & I was hoping that someone here could help me out.

I have written some code that opens the command prompt in Windows (Vista OS) & enters some commands. After the commands are run I would like to check for the existence of a specific piece of text in the window before continuing. When I go to generate the TextImage the Mac doesn’t seem to recognize the font that is being used in the command prompt window.

The font being used in the window is called Terminal, I checked & that font doesn’t appear in the list of fonts on the Mac. Is there some way to add the font to the list or some other way to detect this?

Thanks.

Do you have the Windows TIG running on the Vista machine? The Mac doesn’t know anything about the fonts on the Windows machine – it just issues the request to the TIG server on the SUT and handles whatever response it gets back. The Windows TIG is available from the Downloads page of the Testplant web site.

Just to followup. When you specify a font for a Text style the list of fonts are only suggestions, you can type in any font name you want there.

If you want the font name to actually show up in the list you can get it to by copying the font from your Windows machine into your ~/Library/Fonts folder on the Mac. Note: You still want to use the Windows TIG, not the Native TIG.

EggplantMatt, yes I do have the TIG installed on the machine. Been burned by that in the past.

JonathanOSX, I tried typing the font in but when I run the line of code I get a "Font ‘Terminal’ cannot be found error. I think that the font used in the command window is not necessarily a “regular” font that is installed on the OS. It’s not even in the Fonts folder on the C-drive.

I think for the time being I will go w/ a screen cap of the text in the window.

Thanks for the help.

I’ve copied screens from cygwin using the clipboard, and then analyzed that. Right click on the taskbar and I get an edit->select all and then edit->copy. I can then put remoteClipboard() into some variable and parse it.

v