OSXvnc-server doesn't want to quit

hi :slight_smile:

i use to launch OSXvnc by command line in user space
and i woud like to be able to continue to do it for a cool transition, even if i find another way better later

on mac os x 10.4, i have nothing to do, OSXvnc-server is transparent, and when the user reboots the computer it is closed like any prossess launched by command line

on mac os x 10.5, it makes an icon on the dock :frowning:
hopefully it doesn’t allow the user to change settings
it could be usefull if it would inform the user wether there is a vnc connexion, or not, but it doesn’t

bu the more annoying, when the user reboots the computer, it prevents it, it doesn’t want to quit, and the user has to force it to quit :frowning:

Are you running the latest version of the Vine server (3.0)? It has a system server option that runs invisibly as a background process – no dock icon and no problems with shutting down. And if you are running it in GUI mode it shows how many active connections there are (if any).

VineServer3.1Beta2

could you give me it please ? i don’t find it with -h :slight_smile:

cool :slight_smile:
could you explain me how to see that please ? i didn’t see it

but anyway it’s unusable as is
is it possible to make it to quit correctly please ? :slight_smile:

btw, is it possible to make the same for mac os x 10.4 ?

You should get the released version. The beta could have some issues – it’s a beta.

The system server is configurable from the Server menu.

The connections just show up as a number on the icon in the dock when someone is connected to that instance of the viewer. No special action is required. It’s not going to show if someone is connected to the system server because that one doesn’t display an icon.

The released version works fine on 10.4.

it doesn’t annoy me to use a beta if it works
in addition, i want to help you to improve the software :slight_smile:

ok, but it runs with admin privileges, isn’t it ?
i don’t want it for now, i want to stay in user space

not with keyboard
(i didn’t test the pb of this thread)

too bad, i’ll stay with version 2 for the moment …
I am frustrated a little because i was happy that a new version corrects the problem with dead keys, and i could verify it … just before discover the pb with “i” and “;” … :frowning:

[quote=“tDeContes”]i use to launch OSXvnc by command line in user space
and i woud like to be able to continue to do it for a cool transition, even if i find another way better later

on mac os x 10.5, it makes an icon on the dock :frowning:
hopefully it doesn’t allow the user to change settings
it could be usefull if it would inform the user wether there is a vnc connexion, or not, but it doesn’t

bu the more annoying, when the user reboots the computer, it prevents it, it doesn’t want to quit, and the user has to force it to quit :-([/quote]

i have to run ‘Vine Server.app/Contents/Resources/OSXvnc-server’ instead of ‘Vine Server.app/OSXvnc-server’
and it runs fine :slight_smile:

(i’m curious about why)