Multiple Display Configurations

What is the best approach to consider when writing scripts in order to make sure your test passes also on other test machines?

I know one requirement is to make sure the display text is set to ‘small’ on all my test machines: http://docs.testplant.com/?q=content/managing-windows-7-magnification-settings

Is there other restrictions/requirements we can consider, so that we don’t get surprised once we migrate over the scripts to other test machines?

I was thinking of writing a ‘configuration’ script, which checks the computer settings and display settings.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I know one requirement is to make sure the display text is set to ‘small’ on all my test machines:

That is not a scripting requirement. That’s the workaround for a bug that makes the screen flash when other scaling settings are used on the eggPlant machine.

You are correct that what is needed is to keep the settings on the SUTs the same. That should allow you to move between SUTS running the same version of the same OS. If you capture images against a SUT and then move to another SUT running a different version of the OS, then you may need to create some image collections to handle differences between the versions.