Mobile VNC & Windows Mobile

Has anyone used MobileVNC Server for Windows Mobile before?

I am currently using it for WinMo testing, and found that while client connections to the MobileVNC Server run smoothly, capturing images through it is not. It lags (runs) 2-3 mins for each screen/image capture.

I’m wondering if anyone has ever experienced this issue?
Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks~

Check the eggPlant Preferences and see if “Detect pulsing images when capturing” is enabled under the Viewer Window panel. If it is, try disabling it and see if that improves the situation.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

If this does not work, are there other solutions to this problem?

If that doesn’t work, then we’ll go from there. :slight_smile:

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, the lag is still there. Each image capture still takes 2-3 mins.

Are there other solutions to this problem?

I had high hopes that that would work (and good reason for thinking that it might.) What version of eggPlant are you using (version number and Linux flavor)? Are you able to execute scripts using the images that you have been able to capture?

I use the Mac version of EggPlant 10.11.

Yes I am able to execute scripts, but it also takes 2-3 mins to execute a simple click event script.

Only had this problem with the WinMo. My iPhone tests ran very smoothly, and the SUT PCs were more so.

I think there are some problems with that PocketVNC viewer. Here are some things that you can try setting via the TERMINAL on your mac. After doing so please restart Eggplant and try your tests again.

defaults write Eggplant RequireSync -bool NO
defaults write Eggplant SkipCheckPulse -bool YES