Load Testing

Hi!
Could somebody please suggest how to perform load testing using EggPlant?
At first - common thoughts

Or give the link where i can read about this…

Thanks!

Since load testing is really a nebulous term used by many practices with various meanings, we may want to standardize on what you are considering load testing and the criteria in which that testing will be carried out.

If you would specify what it is you are interested in testing, specifically the software in mind I may be able to help in a more than general way.

The general concept of load testing can be carried out by Eggplant scripts by designing a test suite against a system to be tested (the system under test) using Eggplant, when run in multiple occurences (possibly with the CLI runscript option and many license key available to our customers as a contract option) can ‘slam’ or load test a system and validate that a given service/system will perform within specifications/tolerances.

Without disclosing names, we have many clients that are quite happy using hundreds of instances of Eggplant running concurrently to test web apps, in house closed apps (not public via the web) as well as hardware and other devices that are in need of multiple requests for information at a given time.

So, load testing as it is specified by the need to document and respond to a services ability to provide a defined service is something that Eggplant address at some large installation (and small :).

then get eggplant to do it faster and longer. I’ve done some web system testing by writing a script that would run on three machines, then execute the script on system one, and once it was uplaoding a thousand records, switch to system two and do the same thing, then on to system three, back to system one just as the upload was finishing and do it all again. With multiple command line license it’s a bit simpler, but for a single licnese, design a test that can be started and finsihed without direct actions and then execeute it on some other machines.

For single machine testing, it’s a whole lot simpler, data driven loops or if your an ambitious sort, a random number generator feeding a looping script.

We’ve recently used ep to test an web system that tracks image revision with a simple looping script we ran three hundred images thru the system and checked to assure each image targeted was actually displayed.

load testing is a great application for ep, as it works well past the time that the cleaining crew has left your offices

Think human first, then “eggplantit”

(eggplantit is a cute saying originated by Mr.P) :idea:

Thank you for your response!

I try to describe which type of testing is needed.

We have client-server application. It’s online game application.
Client side is implemented with delphi and flash.
we need to check how the application will work with load in 2000 users.

Could you please suggest how can we check this using EggPlant?

You would need to simply design a test that would run a game sequence (or maybe a few tests that would run various game sequences) and then run 2000+ instances of Eggplant CLI against your game servers. Its a perfect match for Eggplant IMHO. If you would like us to call you and talk (yep, I work for Redstone Softwawre) about a Proof of Concept for your situation, please let us know. You can contact Redstone Sales Group sales@redstonesoftware.com and talk to Emma Campbell, Global Sales Manager.

Thanks for your advice.
I’ll try to find mentioned functionality and play with it.
And after that:) i’ll connect with you if i have any problems.

The load testing process can be briefly described as below -

1. Create a dedicated Test Environment for load testing
  2. Determine the following
  3. Load Test Scenarios
  4. Determine load testing transactions for an application
  • Prepare Data for each transaction
  • Number of Users accessing the system need to be predicted
  • Determine connection speeds. Some users may be connected via leased lines while others may use dial-up
  • Determine different browsers and operating systems used by the users
  • A configuration of all the servers like web, application and DB Servers
  1. Test Scenario execution and monitoring. Collecting various metrics
  2. Analyze the results. Make recommendations
  3. Fine-tune the System
  4. Re-test

You can use a platform like QAppAssure which allows you to test on-cloud and on-field devices, across 100+ device, make and models, Integrate with Jira, CI/CD tools, and also use Appium, Calabash, Espresso, UIAutomator, XCUITest.