Left & Right mouse click on xterm cmdline doesn't paste

I’m on a new iMac (and new to Mac). I just switched from a Windows XP laptop, and trying to use Vines viewer to a Linux RealVNC server. Vines viewer is way faster than anything else I’ve tried but I have one problem.

Normally on the Linux xterm command line, I’ll use the mouse left click to swipe and select text, then single right click to copy it, then simultaneous left and right mouse buttons to paste it.

In vines viewer everything works up to the point where I do the left and right click, where the only thing that happens is the selection is cleared, but no paste on the command line. I know the copy worked, because I can go to a sticky on my Mac and paste my right clicked selection.

Somehow the mouse clicks must be intercepted.

I’m using a Microsoft Wireless Laser keyboard and mouse 5000 with the intelli drivers. I tried various settings in the viewer preferences to do with the mouse, and even uninstalled the MS intelli drivers. Still no go.

Any ideas?

I’d really like to continue using the viewer because of it’s blazing speed, but my work life is at the VNC xterm command line…

Thanks

Hmm is it possible that this “two-click” simulates a third mouse button?

Have you done it successfully with any other VNC clients (Mac or Windows)?

What setting would control this third button simulation you refer to?

It works fine on the Windows xp pro laptop with realvnc viewer I left behind.

But I’ve noticed I have the same problem on a X11 xterm session locally on the iMac. Seems like if I can’t even do it locally, I have no hope over vnc :slight_smile:

Do you know what might cause that?

p.s. I’ve even been able to remote desktop to an XP machine, then run VNC from there, and it works! But the performance is dismal considering the multi-hop latency. So RDC must be doing something…

Finally, is there some other key or mouse sequence that I can use to do the paste instead?

Thanks

[quote=“JonathanOSX”]Hmm is it possible that this “two-click” simulates a third mouse button?

Have you done it successfully with any other VNC clients (Mac or Windows)?[/quote]

I also found that “konsole” works in place of xterm for the time being on the remote system by avoiding the mouse sequence (menu actions). At least I can do it now…