Keyboard layout using VMware's embedded VNC server

Hi all,

I have a problem with the VNC server embedded in VMware when I use my french keyboard.
It is impossible to send a “.”, I cannot send numbers too. Some keys are reversed (for example if I try to send “:” via the Eggplant TypeText function, I got a “/” in the SUT (which is the character on the same key as “:” but using the capital case).
So if I want to send a URL via the TypeText function I have to type “http/::” to get “http://”.
And I cannot encrypt a password using numbers for example (the “0” will be replaced by “à” which is on the same key as “0”.

My configuration is the following:

• I enabled the VNC conneciton in VMware options on the port 5901.
  • I am using Windows 10 on my computer and Ubuntu 16 in the VM
  • Both machines are set to french language.
  • I changed the VMX file of the VM to change the vnc keymap setting to “fr”
    All the keys seem well mapped, it seems that the problem is the managment of the capital case (shift key).

Did anybody faced the same issue and could fix it ?

Thank you for your help.

Dorian

Hi Dorian,

I have contacted support. I will provide an update with ideas on this. Will get back to you soon. Blandine

Bonjour Dorian,
j’ai contacté l’équipe technique “eggplant support”. Je ne vous tiens au courant dès que possible. Bien cordialement; Blandine

Bonjour Dorian,

Un cas a été ouvert avec l’equipe de support technique. Ils vous aideront sous peu. Le numéro de cas est 1123518.

A case is now open with support. They should get back to you shortly on this issue. The case number is 1123518.

Have a great day,
Blandine

Bonjour Blandine,
Merci pour votre réponse.
J’ai déjà un ticket ouvert avec le support (US) mais cela ne donne rien pour l’instant car ils me disent qu’ils n’ont pas d’expérience avec cette configuration. De plus ce problème de clavier est vraiment spécifique au clavier français je pense donc ils auront du mal à reproduire ce problème. Le support vers lequel vous me redirigez est aussi aux US ?

Dorian

Vous avez tout à fait raison. Oui, c’est le même. Ils cherchent une solution.

Nous continions a chercher des solutions. En attendant, Est-ce que vous avez une option pour changer le clavier dans vos parameres sur votre ordinateur Windows 10? Lorsque je met l’option “French” (AZERTY), au lieu de "Francais Normalise (AZERTY), Eggplant reponds bien mieux a mes “Typetext” Command. Bonne Journee Dorian!

Voici comment accéder à la page des paramètres du clavier dans Windows 10:
Étape 1: Ouvrez l’application Paramètres. Aller vers Temps et langue > Clavier .
Étape 2: Cliquez sur “Langue” (a gauche) - Pour les visualiser, cliquez sur la langue d’entrée actuelle, puis cliquez sur Options bouton.
Étape 3 Ajoutez un clavier

Tenez moi au courant!