Jenkins integration plugin

Hi, I am trying to set up eggPlant with Jenkins. I have installed eggPlant plugin for Jenkins but I can’t connect to my SUT.
Jenkins and eggPlant installed on the same PC. I wrote connection properties in script and in plugin but It doesn’t want to connect. It shows me Unable to connect to X Server `’.
Where I need to install x Server?
Can eggPlant to test 2 Phones with integration of Jenkins.

Building in workspace /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/workspace
eggPlant execution started
Command Step 1 - Runscript Location: /usr/local/bin/runscript
Command Step 2 - Scripts to Run: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/workspace/runscript /home/avb89/Documents/InitialTesting.suite/Scripts/connectionToSUT.script
Command Step 3 - Other Command Line Flags,Host: 192.168.7.204, Port: 5900, Password: null, Color Depth: 0, Global Results Folder: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/builds/2013-07-11_08-50-17, Default Document Directory: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/workspace
Fully Constructed Runscript Command: /usr/local/bin/runscript /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/workspace/runscript /home/avb89/Documents/InitialTesting.suite/Scripts/connectionToSUT.script -host 192.168.7.204 -port 5900 -GlobalResultsFolder /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/builds/2013-07-11_08-50-17 -DefaultDocumentDirectory /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/workspace -ReportFailures YES
Now Executing /usr/local/bin/runscript /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/workspace/runscript /home/avb89/Documents/InitialTesting.suite/Scripts/connectionToSUT.script -host 192.168.7.204 -port 5900 -GlobalResultsFolder /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/builds/2013-07-11_08-50-17 -DefaultDocumentDirectory /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/workspace -ReportFailures YES …
$ /usr/local/bin/runscript /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/workspace/runscript /home/avb89/Documents/InitialTesting.suite/Scripts/connectionToSUT.script -host 192.168.7.204 -port 5900 -GlobalResultsFolder /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/builds/2013-07-11_08-50-17 -DefaultDocumentDirectory /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/eggPlantTesting/workspace -ReportFailures YES
2013-07-11 08:50:18.820 Eggplant[7102] NSDocumentClass EGGDocument not NSDocument subclass
/usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications/Eggplant.app/Eggplant: Uncaught exception WindowServerCommunication, reason: Unable to connect to X Server `’
Finished: FAILURE
Runscript execution completed
Parsing results…
eggPlant parsing results finished
Finished: SUCCESS

Looks like you’re running Jenkins on a headless system with no display session. Even though it is running from the command line, eggPlant needs a display session to hold the display buffer for the SUT. The error you’re seeing reported is not a problem connecting to the SUT, but connecting to an XServer session for the display. You’ll need to redirect a display from another system for eggPlant to use (or launch an XServer session on the Jenkins machine) in order for this to work.

Can eggPlant to test 2 Phones with integration of Jenkins.
I don’t really understand this question. Can you give more detail on what you are trying to do?

I can’t to run testing with eggPlant-plugin but it is successful from shell.
Now. I need to publish logs on Jenkins, like eggPlant-plugin. How to do it?

You need code to do it, which is what the plug-in provides. The plug-in is open source, so you can look at it and see what it’s doing and find some way of doing the same thing. If you’re not running eggPlant on the Jenkins machine, then that is going to be quite difficult.

I am running eggplant on Linux and got Jenkins to run by adding these lines to “runscript” (/usr/local/bin/runscript):

Setup GNUstep environment

. /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

add to support jenkins

export USER=jenkins
vncserver
export DISPLAY=hostname:1

I need to enhance this code to check to see if the vncserver is running and modify the DISPLAY variable appropriately

Dont forget to login as root and do:
su - jenkins
vncpasswd

I also created a suite under the /var/lib/jenkins/ so it had the right path for the Global Results

Thanks for posting this. It’s great to see users helping users here.