Install Notes

Hi,

I’m trying to install eggPlant on my laptop but whenever I double-click the desktop icon that is installed, I get an error message saying “This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.” This also happens when I launch the eggPlant.exe directly from the eggPlant install directory. However, if I launch the eggPlant.bat in the install directory from a command line, the application will start and take me to the license input screen.

Are there any install doc on the testplant site that may address install issues, specifically this one?

Thanks!

Hi fairfax,

There isn’t anything in our documentation to address this issue in particular.

I am wondering if some anti-virus or anti-malware program on your machine is stripping out a key component of the executable. The quick fix is to change the shortcut to point to the eggplant.bat file, but the real fix would be to address the issue with eggplant.exe. Are you able to temporarily disable those programs on your machine, redownload eggPlant, and reinstall, to see if the issue persists with the applications disabled? If the problem seems to be one of those apps, then you can look into whitelisting eggPlant. If you aren’t able to disable them, you can jump immediately to whitelisting eggPlant.exe.

Hopefully this helps.

-Carrie