image collection recursivity

I’m currently restructuring a suite’s images in order to make them more manageable. The problem I’m having is that the program on my SUT naturally lends itself to a hierarchal structure, but if I start putting folders inside of folders, I lose the ability to use image collections in my scripts because specifying a folder as an image will recursively search all files and subfolders. I only want it to search 1 level deep. This will allow me to maintain a meaningful image directory hierarchy.

So, is there any option to specify image collection searching to not be recursive? For example, if i have a folder structure of A/, A/B, A/B/C and files A/A1.png, A/A2.png, A/B/B1.png, A/B/B2.png…etc

I would then like to script:
Click “A” //Clicks either A1.png or A2.png
Click “A/B” //Clicks either B1.png or B2.png

however, Click “A” in the example will currently search for A1.png, A2.png, B1.png, and B2.png.

Thanks

What you are asking for is not currently supported. We’ll consider it as a feature request, but I think this is the only request we’ve had for this behavior and we would have to weigh the potential side effects.

That’s an interesting suggestion and one we’ll think about for the future.

In the meantime I can think of a couple possible approaches that might work for you with the existing eggplant.
[list][*]The first would be to store your base images in a sibling folder, so instead of putting things at the root of /A, make an /A/Base (not to be confused with /A/B or /A/C) Then of course you can call /A/Base when you mean that or /A/B when you mean that.

[*]The other suggestion is that you can set an optional collection filter. That filter will limit which images in a collection Eggplant will match with. So for example

Set the CollectionFilter to (Name: "English")

Will only allow images with English in the name to be found. For more details please see the Eggplant Reference manual.[/list:u]

wow! i can’t believe i didn’t think of the first option–thanks for the suggestion, i think i’ll take that route.