Failed to Fetch the snippets in the AI model

Steps I did:

1. Setting the Execution environment in DAI Agent Wizard.
  2. Choosing the Suite Folder path in DAI agent Wizard.
  3. Running the Eggplant functional by clicking on the Start button in DAI agent Wizard.
  4. Coming back to the AI model and selecting the Execution environment.
  5. Trying to add the snippets to actions from the snippets tab on the left-hand menu.
  6. But there are no snippets are shown.

My suite file contains the handlers and I have selected the same suite path in DAI Agent.
I am not sure what I did wrong can you help me with the issue?
Thanks

I used to have a lot of trouble with this. DAI 6.0 and the corresponding Agent version seemed to fix a lot of the issues with this, so make sure you are running the latest and greatest.

Also, make sure your suite name in DAI (scratched out above) is the same as your actual suite name. If you want to call your model something different than your suite you can, but it will assume your suite name matches your model which isn’t always the case.

Let me know if that helps. There are a few other tricks I’ve had to use in the past, but I don’t think I’ve had the same trouble since switching to 6.0.

1 Like

LoganC, hi!
Could you please share the tricks you used to solve this issue? That would be incredibly helpful.

Surath, I have to walk back on my earlier statement a bit. My “trick” was to go into (DAI model open) File and select an option called something like Manage Execution Environment then Edit my execution environment, change nothing and close out of the menu option. This seemed to always fix the somewhat rare issue you spoke of. However, in DAI 6.0.1 they moved that option out into the Controller > Environments Menu. Which tells me that I have never had to fool with my trick since upgrading to 6.0.1.
What version are you running? Have you ever been able to see your snippets in DAI?
Assuming your suite name in the snippets tab matches your actual suite name and your agent is set up and running correctly (Design mode, with the Suites root folder path correctly mapped to the location of your suite folder, and the Agent started and active) then you should be good if you are in Version 6.0.1-8.
One last possibility occurs to me. Some of our team used to try and store things in cloud folders (like MS OneDrive or other cloud locations that their companies tried to set them up with. The Agent can’t be expected to create a session between these storage locations. I have successfully launched sessions using shared network locations, but for your issue I would try storing your suite folder somewhere easy like C:\Eggplant\Surath.suite and see if that helps.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

1 Like

You might also check that your suite name and the directory to it doesn’t have any suspicious characters in it, like dots (.). Except for the .suite of course.

1 Like

Thanks LoganC for the information, it would be helpful.