Error when connecting an iPhone by selecting it as the mobile device type in Windows

I want to test an iphone in a windows environment. My client only has a windows PC, so I proceeded with the method in the guide. When I made the connection, I got the error as shown in the image.

Can you please check if I’m doing something wrong?

Hey @wbfkrl ,

You need to add com.facebook.* as your app Id into your mobile Provisioning profile.
without Eggplant Gateway is not allowed to install the webdriver app that we do require.

Your provisioning Profile Egg_test contains the app ID com.testplant.* which was required for the Classic IOS Gateway to work.

Cheers,
Karsten

thank you

In provisioning, I changed the appID to “com.*”.
When I try to connect, I get a private key error as shown in the image.
Could there be another issue?

Best Regards.

Hi @wbfkrl

Your certificate and its private key need to be in .p12 format and given a password. You may not have done this. You can do this by exporting the standard .cer certificate in Keychain.

Hey @wbfkrl,
have you been able create the cert with the key?
And is it now working as expected?

Cheers,
Karsten

I solved it by generating a private key.

But when my iPhone’s iOS was updated to 17.5, I couldn’t find the deviceimage.

Is there a way to test iOS 17 on Windows by connecting to a mobile device?

Best Regards.

Hey @wbfkrl ,

as of today (July 2024) IOS17 is only support on Mac via our Appium Gateway for Eggplant. Here you can find all details on how to configure it.

We are working on the IOS17 Support for Windows and the Eggplant IOS connection that you currently use.

If you have access to a Mac we can create a connection to the device and host it. This will allow you to access the IOS17 device via VNC connection from your windows device.
In case this is an option for you. Kindly ask you to reach out to our support or your assign Technical Consultant (TCSM) or your account manager. They will be able to guide you through the setup.

Cheers,
Karsten