Eggplant Object Model

Ok …

I’m very comfortable with a more traditional object model, with inheritance and such.

However, I’m relatively new to the Mac platform (< 12 months) and thus to the various xTalk languages and their syntaxes (syntaxii??), and i also note in the Eggplant documentation the observation that objects within Eggplant are different from the traditional object model.

Within the help it describes some aspects of how objects work, but I’m not seeing any obvious examples from which I can plagiarise. Sorry, I mean borrow scripts and modify to my own needs. :slight_smile:

As an example, some of the basic scripts that I’m wanting to write need to create users with certain properties - names, login ids, birthdates, license #s, phone #s, etc, and it seems to me that I should be creating a person object for each such instance and just passing the objects between scripts, rather than sets of variables.

To create the names, I want to use my variant of the RandomNames scripts given in the samples, and assign those to the objects. Similarly, I can create other random data elements and assign the values to the objects, but it’s the creation of the objects, and where those objects’ scripts might live within the whole heirarchy, that I’m not actually seeing with any degree of clarity.

Could somebody please point me to a suitable example of this?

TIA.

Hi Gary,

I’ve just updated a tutorial that should help you to understand how this all works. Click here for the SenseTalk Objects Tutorial.
There’s also an example in the Examples forum, but it’s a bit out of date. I’ll try to update it shortly.

Let us know if you still have questions.

Doug,

Exactly what I needed.

Thanx muchly.