I have been using OSX VNC 1.71 and it has worked great. I began playing with Vine Server and Viewer and immediately ran into the following problems.
Reverse Connections to Vine Viewer
If I setup a reverse connection in 2.0 using a host name, Vine Viewer never sees the connection. If I setup the same connection in 1.71, Vine Viewer sees the connection perfectly. VineViewer will see the connection from 2.0 if I using the IP address. I see the same problem using Chicken of the VNC as well. Hostname connections from 1.71 to Chicken of the VNC work but do not work from 2.0
No matter how I start the reverse connection (host name or IP address - from either 1.71 or 2.0 ) Vine Viewer does not properly refresh the screen. I can control the screen but it doesn’t redraw until I click the “Scale to Fit” button. It will then show me the updated screen but then won’t redraw (update) the screen until I click the “Show Full Size” button.
If I use Chicken of the VNC with either 1.71 or 2.0 the screen redraws (updates) itself properly.
FYI - I am currently using a trial version of Vine Viewer on an intel mac 10.4.7 connecting to a PowerMacG5 running 10.4.8