Connecting To An Oracle DB From Eggplant Functional

Hi all,

Long time automation technical user, but only recently started using Eggplant. In the past I have used predominantly UFT and VBA / VBScript.

I have used a legacy UFT Script as a starting point and have managed to modify it to connect to an Oracle DB and successfully execute some SQL using a standalone VBScript, but I have been unable to get the connection to work in Eggplant.

The documentation for DBConnections that I was able to find seems very limited, could someone please offer some tips or pointers on how to do this?

Many thanks,

Michael

After some help from Eggplant Support it turned out I needed to add a DSN to the Oracle Admin (64-Bit) tool, after that I was able to make a connection to the DB and execute some SQL.

I created a DSN in the admin tool called “Oracle” with the relevant Data Source value.

set myDB to (type:“odbc”, DSN:“Oracle”, user:DBUsername, password:DBPassword)
open database myDB
put executeSQL(myDB, MySQL) into DBResults
close database myDB

Log "DB Results : " & DBResults
Log "1st Item : " & The First Item Of DBResults
Log "Password : " & DBResults.Password

It would have been nice to be able to find some detailed documentation on this to save having to og to support. Unfortunately what I found on the topic of DB connections was very limited. More detailed stuff may exist but I couldn’t find it.
Anyway, hopefully this post will help others one day!