Configuration menu for VNC server on Max OSX

Hello:

I have searched for this answer but cannot find it. I have vine VNC running on my Mac mini with no problems except this. I selected to have the server automatically restart if it dies for whatever reason. Now the issue that I have is that I cannot get at the help screen or the configuration screen of the software if I wish to change it.

If I try to start the server I get the bouncing icon on the dock, then it will stop and say it is not responding. I figure this is because it is already running.

Software works great otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice to get around this.

Mike Vidal

Hello,

You will be told in the configuration/preferences panel for Vine Server if the Vine Server is already running either at the system level or if it is running already as a user app. Here is what we would try in order:

• Remove and reinstall, maybe the executable is corrupted.
  • Reboot your computer, and see if that clears things up.
  • Try another user account, and see if that is an issue
  • Maybe remove/rename ~/Library/Preferences/com.redstonesoftware.Vine.plist

Try those and see if that helps.

Hi Todd

Thanks for the fast reply

[quote=“Todd”]Hello,

• Maybe remove/rename ~/Library/Preferences/com.redstonesoftware.Vine

Try those and see if that helps.[/quote]

Snipped for brevity

At least this gave me a bit of a clue. I could not find the file you mentioned above, so I deleted the app and re-booted the machine. It came back up again, so ok, where is this puppy hiding? Turn out that it is in library, start up items, osx vnc, and the file is startupparameters.plist. Got rid of that and now I can get to the config screen again.

Thanks again for your help, that was the nudge that let me find it.

Mike V.