Compilation of OSXvnc 2.0

I downloaded the latest OSXVNC server code from SourceForge and compiled it on a Mac PPC box. Works OK on that box.

However, when I transfer that (built) executable to a Mac Intel box and run it, then all viewing clients display the screen in ALL BLUE.

If I compile the OSXNC server code on a Mac Intel box, it doesn’t work on a PPC box (architecture incompatibility).

However, I noticed the distribution binary of OSXvnc-server that comes with Vine Server works on all Mac boxes, i. e. no problem with colors when viewing shares, regardless of what type of Mac PC the server runs on.

How do I compile the OSXVNC server code so that the target executable works on ALL platforms, just like the distribution version?

Let me know. THX.

btw, I tried using the -littleEndian/-bigEndian options to match the architecture the server runs on–doesn’t make a difference–the PPC compiled code always displays blue screens when xferred to an Intel box.

You need to make sure that you select the Deployment build style (to save time the Development build style only compiles for your local architecture).

Additionally you need to make sure that you have installed ALL of the compatibility SDK’s (10.2.8, 10.3, 10.4 and 10.4u) from the XCode tools disk.

[quote=“JonathanOSX”]You need to make sure that you select the Deployment build style (to save time the Development build style only compiles for your local architecture).

Additionally you need to make sure that you have installed ALL of the compatibility SDK’s (10.2.8, 10.3, 10.4 and 10.4u) from the XCode tools disk.[/quote]

OK, however, the source code I downloaded did not come with a .xcode project file. Can you tell me how to modify the Makefile to make it build the deployment binary. THX.

Hmm I’m not sure where you got the source but you definitely NEED the .xcodeproj folder. It contains all of the build rules and settings; there is no makefile.

You can download it from CVS at Sourceforge.