Capturing the cursor image

Hi. I’m new to using Eggplant and I can’t figure out how to capture the cursor image.

I am testing a web-based GUI and want to verify that the cursor changes when the mouse moves over certain buttons. But when using the image capturing tools it seems like they automatically capture the image underneath the cursor on the SUT. This is usually really helpful since it avoids capturing the cursor when I don’t want it interfering. But in this case all I want is the cursor.

I am running Eggplant 4.01 on OS X 10.4.11.

Thanks.

Yes, as you’ve discovered the cursor is normally handled outside the screen image.

You can change this default behavior by unchecking the “Rich Cursors” box in Preferences->VNC.

Thanks. I had noticed that option under the preferences but didn’t think it would apply.

Is it possible to toggle the Rich Cursor option within a script itself? Or is it an all-or-nothing setting within Eggplant itself?

Is there another way to test that cursor image changes based on the screen elements? My plan was to capture images, without cursors, and then to capture separate image of just the cursors.