Can eggplant do performance test

Now my performance test is simple, just monitor how long the application creates a job.
So I plan to use Imagefound() function to monitor the job image, then put the time. I don’t know how imagefound works? Does it monitor the view screen all the time until it finds the image? or just monitor the screen every several seconds?
Is my way fine? Could anyone give me any suggestion on performance test?

Yes Egggplant can do performance testing quite well. However you do need to be aware of the mechanics and some of the limitations. Eggplant typically can search the screen in about a hundredth of a second. The time to find an image plus your network latency is the degree of precision that your test can have. We generally say that in a standard scenario Eggplant can measure accurately to within a tenth of a second if you need more precise metrics there are optimizations and other techniques that can be employed.

If that precision is adequate then your approach with ImageFound() will work just fine. You might want to consult the Finding Images Quickly chapter in Using Eggplant for further reading about image finding

JonathanOSX
I find a problem, the refresh for mac is so slow.
I open the folder to monitor the job for a long time, but actually the job is already created out(I see it in windows PC). So there is a big time gap.
Maybe I can use shell command to get the exact file created time.but how can I use it with my script?

another strange thing:
I use “the abbrev time” to log the time when imagefound, the time is 10:57:17.
But when I check in finder, the file created time is 10:58. how could this happens, the image is found before it created.

Can you describe more about the slow refresh that you’re seeing? Also tell us more about your setup: What VNC server are you running on your Windows SUT? Have you disabled any of the VNC Encodings (on the VNC pane in Eggplant Preferences)? What sort of network connection do you have to the SUT?

With the right settings it should be possible to get a reasonably fast refresh so that Eggplant can measure timings fairly accurately, as Jonathan indicated.

To access information about files on a Windows SUT, it’s usually easiest if you can mount the Windows file system on the Eggplant machine (I believe from earlier correspondence that you are doing this?). Then your scripts can access those files directly as described in Chapter 14 of the SenseTalk Reference manual.

The other approach, as you suggested, would be to access the files through a shell command. But you’ll need to install PuTTY (or similar SSH host) on the Windows machine and use ssh within the shell command to connect to the SUT and access the file information.

Again, probably the best solution is to figure out why your screen refresh is so slow and resolve that issue if possible.

I think slow refresh is caused by mac os. When the job created, the os does not refresh automatically, and it does not have any refresh menu like windows.
So vine viewer can not get the file in time.
I have solved my problem according to your advice, you are really smart.
thanks!