Thank you so very much for your overwhelming support in response to my question.
I was wondering if any of you had any interesting ideas as to what you have automated using eggplant before.
Anyways below I’ve listed a few things that I have done using eggplant that I think are useful as a whole when testing your application. They range from disturbingly simple to slightly more complicated (simple to you gurus nonetheless).
I have tried to use hotkeys to navigate through most of the applications that I have touched, unless I’ve had to ensure that something specific comes up properly.
I’ve tried to use objects (I’ve still got a lot to learn) to store properties of pages and other specific actions that have helped me to reuse my code quite a bit.
- Logging in to Windows given a user name and password
- Running applications using the run dialog box.
- Ensuring the proper users are logged in to Windows and the applications.
- State tests to ensure that programs are pulled up properly
- Navigating to specified pages in IE.
- Small macros to customize IE like
- switching the homepage to a specified page
- clearing the cache
- changing server details, etc.
- Using perfmon to monitor system.
- Attach/detach dbs in SQLServer
and much more…
If any of you can come up with some more ideas, I would be much obliged!