Automatically connect Vine to a client in Reverse mode

Hi there,

first of all - let me thank you for Vine - it works great!

I am new to Mac and need help on the following:

I would like to create a package with Vine Server that one can download from a website and start. It should then automatically start and connect in reverse mode to a pre-configured IP adress with the Vine Viewer (which is running in a listener mode).

I read in the manual that Vine Server has start up parameters. But how do I use them to create such a batch funtion and store it in a downloadable package? OR is there any other better way to implement it? Please help.

Thank you in advance!

Grettings,
Stan

Hello Stan,

Each instance of Vine Viewer installed needs to be purchased, and can be done on our website:

http://www.redstonesoftware.com/store/index.html

If you want a Vine Server to reverse connect to a Vine Viewer currently it the IP address must be entered manually and the connection request made manually. Aside from obvious security concerns, automatic reverse connection is not slated for inclusion in our product line. However, we are always open to suggestions and appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

Hi,
I’m new to Vine, and was just going through the forum to try and get a fuller understanding of the product. The anwer given above confused me: it looked like the OP was proposing to install multiple Servers, not multiple Viewers. The Server, as I understand it, is free and could be installed on dozens of computers. And generally, one Viewer (purchased) would be enough. Is there something different involved when reverse connections are involved?

Chap

Chap,

You understand correctly: Vine Server is free, and Vine Viewer is a commercial product.

The following script (with xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx replaced by an actual IP address, of course) will automatically start VineServer in reverse connection mode and trying to connect to the relevant machine. I think that’s what the original poster needs, anyway it can be useful.

tell application “Finder”
activate application “Vine Server”
tell application “System Events” to keystroke ?
tab & tab & “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” & return
end tell