Unable to Connect

I have Vine VNC installed on my mac OS x server. It worked fine for about 3 -4 hours. After that with no configuration changes i can not connect to the mac server. I’ve tried Real VNC Viewer and Tight VNC viewer and i get security errors when trying to connect.

Snap! I’m trying to do this with an internet link to my father’s Mac using a host via Dyndns.org. I’m using VNC Thing or Chicken of the VNC and get “Authentication failure” or incorrect password errors. The server does not run under a password.

It is not possible to connect to the Mac either over the web or when accessing the network using wi-fi with these apps. However it is possible to connect using CMD-K (Connect to Server) with wi-fi.

there seems to be some authentication issue but I have tried all the available passwords we can think of. I can’t find any preference files that use vine so how is this issue solved?

Any ideas anyone?

In both cases, you should make sure that you aren’t running Apple Remote Desktop on port 5900 – that ALWAYS requires a password (which will be different than whatever you have configured for Vine Server.