SetRemoteClipboard() when the SUT is linux?

My SUT is linux RHE3 using Gnome.
Latest version 3 Eggplant.

The same code that pastes to the clipboard on a Windows SUT fails on my linux SUT.

I’ve manually verified with interactive Eggplant that this is not working:

SetRemoteClipboard theText
TypeText “\cv\C”

-edj

Can you verify that pasteboard operations to the LINUX sut are working at all?

In other words if you are in live mode and copy a string can you paste it in Linux?

Similarly, can you copy from LINUX can you paste it on the Eggplant machine?

Basically I’m trying to determine if it’s a scripting problem or a SUT pasteboard problem.

Natively on the SUT:
from gnome-terminal: R-Click | copy, R-Click Paste (and -v) works fine.

From interactive Eggplant: setRemoteClipboard “hi there”, in the linux SUT in the connection window: -v and R-Click Paste both paste in the stuff I copied interactively on the SUT, not what I told Eggplant to put into the clipboard.

In the linux SUT from the connection window: Hilite some text in gnome-terminal, R-Click | copy. Back in the Run window of Interactive Eggplant: put remoteClipboard() yields “hi there”.

Seems to be a total lack of communication between the clipboard of the SUT and eggplant.
-edk

My understanding is that LINUX clipboards aren’t as universal as Mac and Windows clipboards.

In order to sync between different clipboard mechanism you need to also run vncconfig:
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man1/vncconfig.1.html

Blasting out a “vncconfig -nowin&” to the console during a test run does make the clipboard exchange work.

Thanks for your help!
-edj