server stop and don't restart if resolutions change

Hi,
I have one mac mini with 10.4 osx connected to the monitor/keyboard/mouse through a kvm (belkin flip for mac) because I have also one pc.

Very often, when I switch che monitor from the mini to pc and then back, the vnc server go in stopped state and I have to start it back manually …

It started to act like this when I upgraded vine to the 3.0
Is this a normal behaviour or is a bug ?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Vine server has always needed to restart when the resolution changes but the GUI has an option to automatically restart.

Please make sure that you have checked the option to “Restart server if it stops unexpeced” in Preferences->Startup.

My experience is that it’s more colours than resolution. When I switch
from 1440x900 to 1152x720, remaining at millions of colours, my
VNC connection is maintained. However, if I switch from 1152x720
millions to 1152x720 thousands, my VNC connection is reset and I have
to re-connect.

This is on an iMac, 10.5.2, Vine Server 3.0.

[quote=“JonathanOSX”]Vine server has always needed to restart when the resolution changes but the GUI has an option to automatically restart.

Please make sure that you have checked the option to “Restart server if it stops unexpeced” in Preferences->Startup.[/quote]

The option is enabled but sometimes when I switch to pc and back to mini, the server remain stopped …

Thanks a lot for the help :mrgreen:

Ok, yes we think we have found a bug in Vine Server that is causing this problem – we are investigating it further.

fantastic support !! many thanks

Hi :wink:
any news on this issue ?

Thanks in advance

Not yet, but we are working on outstanding 3.0 issues (including this one) through a series of Beta releases, first we are ironing out some keyboard and cursor problems, then this one is next…

thanks a lot, I will keep checking the forum for news :wink:

just for information, i’m using the 3.1 beta (1018) and this problem never happened again :wink:

thank you