Screen Update Notification Error

I am evaluating Vine Server and Viewer on a Mac OS X setup.

The problem I am running into is that in very frequent intervals I am seeing the following error in the VineServer.log:

Error (16843009) registering for Screen Update Notification

When that happens, the screen on the viewer goes black and is often followed by a disconnect.

What does that error message mean and how can I consistently keep the connection open?

Thanks,

JB

Which version of Mac OS X are you running on?
Are you running a desktop server (from the application) or a system server (running in the background)?

Usually screen registration only needs to occur when the server first starts up, are you doing anything that might be requiring it to re-register (changing screen resolution, using Fast User Switching, etc?)

Thanks for that quick reply!

I’m running this on Mac OS X 10.4.11 with the desktop server. No changing of screen resolutions or user switching happens at the time the viewer connects.

I do run a dual display setup and when the viewer does connect for just a minute or so, it grabs the first display.

The error shows up after enabling dynamic desktop sizing for the client and the subsequent client connected status message saying ‘Registering Screen Update Notification’, which almost immediately produces the error in the log.

Then about 11 seconds later I get a rfbSendUpdateBuf: write: Broken pipe with an operation time out error and a subsequent disconnect.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

JB