Safari 1.3 upgraded to 2.0 (Image failures)

Most of my test baseline images where captured under Mac OS 10.3.9 using Safari v1.3. I had a system crash and had to reinstall everything. I upgraded to MacOS 10.4.8 and now use Safari v2.0. The static media I am testing had had no changes to my knowledge. Yet, for some reason I am getting more failures than normal. I cannot detect the differences visually and the problems vary using the Tolerant or text settings when verifying images.

Any thoughts of what could be the problem Eggplant is detecting in the images? Did the change from Safari 1.3 to 2.0 throw Eggplant off enough to cause errors that I cannot detect by looking at them?

thanks,
Charles

The most likely situation is that it isn’t Safari 1.3 vs 2.0 but that it’s the different versions of Mac OS X. 10.3 and 10.4 have different font rendering engines.

We highly recommend setting any image with text to use the “Text” search type. We also recommend setting your SUTs to use “Standard Font Smoothing” as that format is the easiest to perform matching with.

Feel free to send in an image and failure screenshot and we’ll help identify what has changed (and use it to further enhance the Eggplant searching algorithms to be able to find images with subtle changes).