Pulsating button not found

For some reason on one machine, doing

Click (Text:“Open”)

doesn’t work. SUT is Mac OS X 10.4.11. I’ve tried adding “Pulsating: true”, looked at System Preferences settings, and nothing works other than cranking up tolerance in the 80’s. Has anyone else ever observed this?

Ideas?

[quote=“viztester”]For some reason on one machine, doing

Click (Text:“Open”)

doesn’t work. SUT is Mac OS X 10.4.11. I’ve tried adding “Pulsating: true”, looked at System Preferences settings, and nothing works other than cranking up tolerance in the 80’s. Has anyone else ever observed this?

Ideas?[/quote]

Capture an image. TIG doesn’t work well for UI widgets. I don’t even use the TIG for non-pulsating buttons.

Just my .02

Unless you’re very methodical on test system configurations you’ll find this to be an issue, building an image library was something I also found helpful compared to chasing after every new box that arrived in the test lab (especially notebooks) to make sure each and every UI setting was where it needed to be.

After building a control image library, I simply threw each possible image for a control at it, adds a few seconds to run time, but that’s better then an outright failure fault eh?

While building these tools/libraries takes more time, it’s time very well invested. My scripts would run with a much higher success rate on new test boxes after I adopted that methodology.

that’s my take on it anyway, your results will vary according to your own goals and programming styles

The other thing is using EP4’s image collection feature. If you have several variants you can put them all in a folder and eggplant will look for everything in the folder.

We have an ever growing image library as well as using TIG as much as possible. Just remember when capturing buttons, don’t cap the entire button, but the smallest recognizable piece of the button.

yea, but it’s worked so well and is so easy, except on this machine :-).

When doing MacOS X TIG matching it is important to check that the font smoothing is set the same between the Eggplant machine and the SUT.

Font Smoothing can be checked in System Preferences->Appearance and we recommend using STANDARD (but not Automatic since that will change based on which kind of monitor you use).

If you change Font Smoothing on the SUT you will need to restart the application you are working with.

If you change Font Smoothing on the Eggplant machine, you will need to restart Eggplant and remove any of the TextImages folders in the Suites you are working with.

Let us know if that doesn’t solve the problem.