problems launching server

I can’t seem to get the latest Vine server to launch from the GUI.
It will bounce in the dock then just vanish, just bounce forever or bounce for a long time them stay in the dock but with an application not responding indicator.

I can get it to kinda launch by going to the terminal and executing the OSX-VNC file in the .app bundle. However attempts to connect do not work so I don’t really know if it is actually launching.

I am on a MBP running a pretty fresh version of 10.5.3.

One other thing is my older copy of OSXVnc will launch and can be connected to, though it is not totally working but I expect that is more the result of this being a Leopard/Intel machine and the app is just out of date than something related to why the newer app won’t function.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Darren

P.S. This is the message I get when the application actually crashes and I get the crash reporter…

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘*** -[NSCFArray removeObjectAtIndex:]: mutating method sent to immutable object’

You might try removing your preference file and see if that helps (~/Library/Preferences/com.redstonesoftware.VineServer.plist). Sometimes preference files get corrupted, so moving it out of the way may allow Vine Server to start up.

removing the preference file didn’t help…I kinda expected that since this is a fresh install and I have never had vine server running on it.

Interestingly I found a copy of vine server version 2.2 and that launches and runs without the crash.

That is bizarre behavior. Make sure that you aren’t running any Application Enhancers (or if you are that they exclude Vine Server).

You might try to re-download 3.0 or the 3.1 beta at

http://www.redstonesoftware.com/downloads/VineServer3.1Beta.dmg