Populating Variables in a script from an outside source

Hi!

I have this script I use to store all my global variables. ( parameters.script )

For example.

// Features
set global Transfers to “True”
set global transferAccount1Nick to “Checking”
set global transferAccount2Nick to “Savers Checking”
set global BillPay to “True”
set global CheckDeposit to “True”

I need a way for people to populate it without opening up eggplant and mucking around.

Like a webform or jenkins.

Anyone doing ANYTHING like that?

I use a few different text files for default and custom configurations. I don’t currently have anyone else manipulating them, but it certainly is possible since the files are located in an accessible share. For example:

put file “/EggplantShared/Config/SupportedScenarios.txt” into myTestScenarios

In your case, it should be as simple as sharing that file out and making sure people that have access to it know how to configure it.

Hope this helps.

[quote=“brett_x”]I use a few different text files for default and custom configurations. I don’t currently have anyone else manipulating them, but it certainly is possible since the files are located in an accessible share. For example:

put file “/EggplantShared/Config/SupportedScenarios.txt” into myTestScenarios

In your case, it should be as simple as sharing that file out and making sure people that have access to it know how to configure it.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Thanks Brett. Yea, simple is good. Currently we are working on parsing a JSON object to do the same since our other frameworks produce them as SOP.