New to Eggplant - need FAQ for dealing with screen lock

Hi folks,

I assume this has been asked before, so please somebody point me to the right FAQ.

How do I deal with the screen saver (locked screen) while running a test?

Having the screen change to the screensaver, and/or typing “ctrl-alt-del” and entering the password to unlock the screen, seems to confuse the scripts that are running.

In our environment, we can’t walk away from the machine w/o locking the screen

Thanks!
Dennis

[quote=“dmreda”]Hi folks,

I assume this has been asked before, so please somebody point me to the right FAQ.

How do I deal with the screen saver (locked screen) while running a test?

Having the screen change to the screensaver, and/or typing “ctrl-alt-del” and entering the password to unlock the screen, seems to confuse the scripts that are running.

In our environment, we can’t walk away from the machine w/o locking the screen

Thanks!
Dennis[/quote]
Hi Dennis–
The way that I do this is to first wake the computer from screen saver:

moveToEach((50,50),(0,0),(50,50))

Then, wait for the locked screen to appear:

waitFor 3, "Windows Locked Screen"

Send the ctrl-alt-del

typeText controlKey,altKey,deleteKey

Then enter the user name and password:

doubleClick "username"
typeText "uname",TAB
typeText "thePass",ENTER

I hope this helps.

Is there a way to wrap this around your script so that it checks for the image in parallel to your script running. Then puts the other script on hold upon detection. And then continues execution of your script once the screen saver is removed.

This is more to address a random occurrence so I don’t have to put this code in between every command.

There is script included with Eggplnat called Omega13 that facilitates this behavior. You can read about in the Eggplant Release Notes by opening the Help Viewer and searching for Omega13, or by typing Omega13 in the textfield at the bottom of the Run window (known as the Ad-Hoc Do Box or AHDB). This requires some additional effort to fully implement the handling of exceptional conditions, but it provides the basis for doing so.