Multi page text find

Please have a look at the attached image.

As you can see, there are three pages of user data available here. You might also note that there is also a duplicate instance of the first name of “Linda” on this page.

What I need to be able to do is to parse the names on these pages, however many of them there might be, and pick up the current (according to my processing regime) user name, which would be a combination of the first, middle and last names, and possibly the date of birth to ensure uniqueness.

Once I’ve identified the correct record, I would then need to click the edit button to the left of the selected name. If the record I’m looking for isn’t in page one, then I’d need to go to the next page and look, and then to the next page, and so on.

I would be interested in seeing people’s thoughts on how to address this task.

I’m torn between looking at each of the “edit” lines, and parsing the text to the right, or perhaps looking at the first name column, and if I see a match there, then parsing the rest of the line for the rest of the name (sounds like the better way to go), or perhaps what other thoughts people might have.

Thanx in advance for your suggestions

Gary:

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this – I had a bunch of thoughts and then forgot to actually post them.

If the text on that screen is selectable then I think your approach of parsing the name to the right of each edit button (probably by highlight and copy) is a decent way to go.

If you have Text Image Generation setup to work with the fonts on that page then there is a much faster approach. Do an EveryImageLocation() on the first name. Then if you get multiple returns do it on the last name and see if there are any matches that are at the same Y location (give or take a pixel or two).

Having completed one of the above approaches you can wrap them up around a page handling mechanism to move to the next page of names.

Let us know what you settled on, it might be interesting for you to post your finished solution to the Eggplant Examples Forum.