Location of ReadText

Hi,

I am reading the displayed text of a dialog using:

Set TargetsArea to (869,276,1124,759)
Put ColorAtLocation(969,288) into var
Put ReadText(TargetsArea, Contrast:On,ContrastColor: var) split by return into ReadTargets

After that due to the timing issue- the dialog closes after 30 seconds inactivity- finding the location of the individual texts by looking for each one fails:

Repeat with each item i of ReadTargets 
Click( Text:i, searchRectangle: TargetsArea, Contrast:On, ContrastColor: var, contrastTolerance:90, DPI:400) 
-- do some validation
end repeat

Is there a way to capture the location of each readtext while I read the text for the first time?

Thank you in advance
Jahan

Is there a way to capture the location of each readtext while I read the text for the first time?

No, there isn’t. You said:

the dialog closes after 30 seconds inactivity
What counts as activity? Could you just keep moving the mouse a little to keep the dialog displayed while you identify the text?

Repeat with each item i of ReadTargets
Click( Text:i, searchRectangle: TargetsArea, Contrast:On, ContrastColor: var, contrastTolerance:90, DPI:400)
moveto mouseLocation() + (2,2)
-- do some validation
end repeat

How does a user work with this panel if it disappears so quickly?

Matt, thanks for your reply.

The firmware runs on a touch-panel, so there is no mouse to move around to keep the dialog open. In order to keep it open, the user has to select/unselect options in the dialog.(that will change the selection that I don’t want for this step of the test) and even touching other parts of the screen doesn’t count an activity!
I know it’s an odd design and I have already raised a usability issue. I was hoping to collect the location of the lines while I read them.