Keynote slide show does not update on a java viewer

Hello,

I am using Vine server on my Mac mini (OSX 10.4.7) . When I run a keynote slideshow and try to view it on a tightvnc java viewer on a windows machine, I don’t get any screen update. Same problem with other vnc viewers.

But everything else seems to run fine.

We have seen issues in the past with some applications (Keynote in particular) apparently writing directly to the screen buffer. This bypasses the system calls that notify Vine Server that something on the screen has been updated. The result is that the server doesn’t know the screen looks different so it doesn’t send any updates on to the viewer.

I thought this had improved with more recent versions of Keynote, but the bottom line is that the only thing you can do about this right now is to request a full-screen refresh from the server now and then.

Yes, unfortunately the full screen playback features in Keynote do not properly register their screen changes.

Thanks for reporting that and we’ll see if we can come up with another way to capture screen changes to fix this.

[quote=“JonathanOSX”]Yes, unfortunately the full screen playback features in Keynote do not properly register their screen changes.

Thanks for reporting that and we’ll see if we can come up with another way to capture screen changes to fix this.[/quote]

Thanks for your prompt response. I will really appreciate that.