Issues With Find Text on Mac

I’m not entirely sure why, but when I call:

log ImageFound( text: “Klaatu barada nikto” )

It always returns false, even when the text appears on the screen. I have no issue with this on Mac or using strings in English. I think this may have to do with the TIG (OCR Generic), and its language constraints, but I’m not certain. It also should be noted that my SUT is Mac 10.8, and the OS running eggPlant is Windows 7. I have already tried making sure that font smoothing is checked off on both, so I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Hello,

Just to clarify, the OCR Generic text platform is not using a TIG (Text Image Generator). The OCR is using “Optical Character Recognition” technology to decipher characters from pixel patterns on the screen, and is not using an image to match those characters, the way a TIG does.

The OCR has access to a wide variety of language dictionaries, and in your text search you can specify the language that you’re looking for. This page shows a list of all of the languages the OCR has access to:http://docs.testplant.com/?q=content/appendix-g-ocr-language-support