help in vnc delay at the SUT

I am trying to test a collaboration application wherein an presenter shares a desktop and presents an animator applet which consists of 10-20 images which are rotated one afte the other (Duke applet from sun.com) to get the moving effect .
Also there are viewers who are connected and view the presenter’s desktop and I try to capture the imges( gif’s) .
I want to measure the skew/disparity btween the frames that are seen by the viewers . when I capture the image they dont appear to chnage much .A VNC Screen refresh manually moves the applet . Can you advise how to achieve better results for the whole simulation

to screenCaptureDesktop platform , iterations , interval
	--show up th viewer window

repeat iterations times
		--CaptureScreen(Name: "Fullscreen_"&@platform ,Rect:( ImageLocation(@platform&"/imgBottomLeft"),  ImageLocation(@platform&"/ImageBottomRight"))  ,Increment:YES)
		CaptureScreen(Name: "Fullscreen_"&@platform ,Rect:( SearchAreaFunction. BetweenVertically(@platform&"/imgBottomLeft" , @platform&"/ImageBottomRight"))  ,Increment:YES)
		wait 	interval
	end repeat

end screenCaptureDesktop	

http://java.sun.com/applets/other/TumblingDuke/ . This is the applet being used

It sounds like you are on the right track by implementing a delay between your screen captures. I did notice that there is roughly a 5 second delay in between the tumbling Duke. If the animation is all that you want to take screen shots of, then you should only need to capture images of the region of interest while the Duke is Tumbling. I would also recommend that you setup a direct connection to your test system when attempting this.

to screenCaptureDesktop platform , iterations , interval 
   set num to 0 
   repeat 
      // when the first frame of the animation is found 
      if imagefound(0,"firstFrame") then 
         // capture until standing Duke is found to indicate done 
         repeat until imageFound(0, "standingFrame") 
            CaptureScreen(Name: "Fullscreen_"&@platform ,Rect:( SearchAreaFunction. BetweenVertically(@platform&"/imgBottomLeft" , @platform&"/ImageBottomRight"))  ,Increment:YES) 
         end repeat 

// increment the count 
         add 1 to num 
      end if 

if num is equal to iterations then 
         exit repeat 
      end if 
   end repeat 
end screenCaptureDesktop