Details on using Execution License

Can you detail how a Eggplant Execution License would “feel & look” like with regard to usage compared to the Eggplant Node Locked Licenses.

What I mean is is there at least some UI to execute scripts or suites which contain a schedule and so on etc pp?

Can I install on a given box one installation to be used with a node locked license and a second installation to be used with the execution license?

The execution-only license is run only from the command line. There is no GUI (except for a nonfunctional menu on the Linux version that we’re not currently able to suppress). You should look in the documentation under “Running from the Command Line” for examples of what the command line options are.

You can install the execution-only license on a different machine than the GUI license, but if you do that you should plan to use a version control system and check the suites in and out so that the execution system has the latest version of the scripts and the system running the GUI has the latest results for viewing.

You can install the execution-only license on a different machine than the GUI license, but if you do that you should plan to use a version control system and check the suites in and out so that the execution system has the latest version of the scripts and the system running the GUI has the latest results for viewing.

What if I want to install the GUI license and execution-only license on the same box?

That’s fine and easier to manage since both instances of the app can access the same files. We originally created the execution license to run side-by-side with the GUI version so that users could run scripts while continuing to develop new scripts.