creating static image lists to be used in all scripts

I have over 500 scripts that test diffrent aspects of a GUI platform. From release to release those image formats change and new captures must be added to reflect changes in the GUI. I am looking for ideas to combat this.

I would like to create a script that has all the image lists used in my testing. In that way I can update the script that has the list and all my scripts would be updated.

for example:
MyScript1.script {
set imageList = ImageLib.getImageList(“myImageList”)

if AnyImageFound(imageList) then
click FoundImageName()
end if
}

ImageLib.script {

function getImageList listName
if listName = “myImageList” then
return “image1”&&&“image2”&&&“image3”
end if
end getImageList

}

any sugestions?

One strategy is to create a suite of images only, name it something like “Version_5_Images.suite”, and then load that suite either via setting it as a helper in Eggplant’s UI (so all scripts can use) or doing “opensuite” (if you want to localize usage to a particular script).

Barry

The strategy that Barry mentions is the one we use, and it works quite well. We have several subsets of the same app and we keep the images in a suite and load that suite when we need it.

If you have a list of image names (“image1”, “image2”, “image3”) you can’t pass that directly to Eggplant commands that expect a collection of individual parameters, like the ClickAny command.

The solution is to use the “as parameters” syntax to convert the list to a set of parameters, so your code might look like this

set imageList to ("image1", "image2", "image3",...)
ClickAny imageList as parameters

This isn’t an answer to your overall strategy but a technique that you can use to handle lists as they relate to Eggplant commands.

Jim–

Is something like this even easier? If order doesn’t really matter, you’d not even need to edit a script when you add images to your new images. You could even separate things even more finely if you wanted.

Just drop all your images into a suite, then run a script that builds a list:

to handle getImageList

//ask for a suite/folder
     answer folder "What suite would you like to process?"
     put it & "/images" into folderPath

put the files of folderPath into fileList

//build the list and filter out unwanted files
     repeat with each item theFile in fileList
         if theFile ends with ".tiff" then --remove *.imageinfo files
            insert theFile into imageList
         end if
     end repeat