Completely removing vineserver

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to COMPLETELY remove VineServer under 10.5 server? I’ve removed the application files, the preferences, etc., but now I get infinitely repeating messages in my console logs telling me that vineserver is trying (and failing) What have I missed?

Thanks!

If you installed a system server you can delete it by choosing “Stop System Server” right from the Vine Server GUI. But if you’ve already removed the application then you will want to to delete the following locations:
/Library/StartupIems/Vine
/Library/ApplicationSupport/Vine
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.redstonesoftware.VineServer.plist

The LaunchD item will still be configured until you restart.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve looked, and both of those items are already gone. And this machine has been restarted many times sine I removed them. Is there anything else I can do? A portion of my log files follow:

11/18/08 6:26:36 PM com.apple.launchd[228] (VineServer[959]) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/VineServer/OSXvnc-server", …): No such file or directory
11/18/08 6:26:36 PM com.apple.launchd[228] (VineServer[959]) Exited with exit code: 1
11/18/08 6:26:36 PM com.apple.launchd[228] (VineServer) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Sorry…there is one extra piece that you’ll need to remove which is the VineServer entry for Launchd. The tool itself is gone but the instruction asking the LaunchD server to relaunch it is still around.

If you don’t want to reboot you should first unload it with this command:

launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/com.redstonesoftware.VineServer.plist

Then please remove the file at /Library/LaunchAgents/com.redstonesoftware.VineServer.plist